Saturday 22 November 2014

Stampin’ Up Saturday ~ Holiday Home

On Wednesday you would have seen the component parts for this card on my kitchen table and here they are all assembled.

2014-11-22

I find it very tricky to photograph these screen cards to give a good view. I’ve put together a little collage so that you can see it open as well as closed and the inside stamping, which is only partly visible on the outside. Probably a little more work than you want for a Christmas card, if you have a lot to make.

IMG_20141122_145742

Onto something that is easy to mass produce at this time of year. Some basic one layer stamping, using two shades of brown, with a die cut for some dimension. I added the candy cane twine for a hint of colour and the touchability* factor.

I’m loving the versatility of this little house set. Sian has used it to create some Christmas cards in another non traditional colour scheme. Aren’t they great?

If you’d like to know how to make a screen card, in this simpler form, I’ll be adding the tutorial next week. Are you making cards this weekend?

*Apparently this is not a real word.

12 comments:

Sian said...

I'm a big fan of a "touchability" factor!

I'm sitting here now admiring your cards and thinking I really need to get up from in front of the rugby on tv and go and make some more of my own!

alexa said...

Oh, this is right up my street (if you can excuse the pun!) - simplicity and detailed interest wrapped up into one. Perfect!

My not so simple life said...

Beautiful cards, and sounds like a great word to me lol

Barbara Eads said...

I love your little house tied up like a gift. So cute!

Alison said...

Love these - they're quite different for you - the blue one is my fave, and I love how it stands up!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the second one....that stamp is just so versatile.

Julia Dunnit said...

Love these Fiona, time well spent on the screen card, bet your workshop girls were really pleased. And I love the second card, such a good idea!

Jo said...

Touchability should be a real word! :)Your cards look really lovely x

Sandra said...

Your cards are just such a joy Fi, I love them

Lynz said...

You know, all the msny years I have scrapbooked (over 12!) I have never wanted to make cards. And now I do!! That sneak peak of reindeer in the first one is genius and the twine totally makes the second - and I think touchability is so a word! *g*

Susanne said...

Really great card. I appreciate a neutral color scheme more and more these days. The touch of red/white really makes this one shine.

Anonymous said...

Oh what lovely cards! I took the easy way out this year and sending a photo card & letter. I need to get back to making my own.