Monday 29 September 2014

Me on Monday

It’s been another beautiful day here, after a misty start, with temperatures well beyond the norm for this time of year. Autumn is upon us though as evidenced by the leaf strewn pavements on my walk to the shops this afternoon.

IMG_20140929_174547

It was a germ fighting (the dreaded “Back to School” cold), soup making (lots of garlic and ginger and a little chilli), Peaky Blinders bingeing (anyone else watch the first series?), energy conserving, physics home work helping (or at least trying to dredge up something useful on the topic of Forces), sitting up sleeping…..

IMG_20140928_184340

…..and blurry photograph taking (of that soup*) sort of weekend. How was yours?

Waving to Sian in her cuddly jacket. You wouldn’t have needed it here today either.

*recipe to follow

11 comments:

Sandra said...

As much as I've enjoyed this lovely weather, I'm ready for Autumn for sure

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I hope everyone is soon well at your place, Fiona. It will be months before I would even think about wearing that cute coat that Sian has on - if even in a few months. Your soup looks yummy!

scrappyjacky said...

I'm really enjoying this last burst of summer.

KraftyKaren said...

I'm loving this weather - nice in the daytime without the heat to drain me but with that lovely autumnal nip at night so that I can sleep in comfort. Long may it continue!!

Hope your cold is better soon x

Linda said...

Hope you feel better soon. LOve the look of that healing soup! I'm loving this weather too, although it's raining this morning, and my garden could do with a drink!

Sian said...

I love that picture of the leaves!

..and I'm hoping that soup does the trick for you. It certainly sounds good. I didn't watch the first series of Peaky Blinders, though the title alone made me feel I'd like it, so I'm up for a binge watch catch up. Hope you have a good week1

Susanne said...

Hope the cold is gone. That soup looks both therapeutic and delicious.

alexa said...

Lovely hint of autumn on its way in your pretty photo ... I am loving the softness of this season too.

Lisa-Jane said...

LOVE that photo! You should definitely scrap that ;-)

Lizzy Hill said...

Popped on over to say hi from Sian's....that soup looks delish! Bit too warm for it here....in the 30's [celsius!] this week...enjoy snuggling up as we start to sweat it out:):)

Anonymous said...

Hope all our well now Fiona and I'm looking forward to seeing that soup recipe as it's needed here now. :)