Monday 24 March 2014

See it, Pin it, Do it! ~ March Edition

Here we are again, with a week to go until the end of the month. Have you made anything you’ve Pinned this month? Want to join me? I’d love to have you along.

2014-03-01_1393710074

I’ve been making Grandmother’s Flower Garden blocks this month, from some instructions I pinned a very long time ago, all the way back in November 2012. The block was intended for a project which didn’t get off the ground and ended up among the other UFOs in my cupboard, until now. I can’t show you that one just yet though.

2014-03-09_1394397141

I completed two other blocks, while I was away on a crafty weekend, and have a few more basted hexies ready to whip stitch together when the mood takes me. They are perfect to sew in front of the TV and not as anti social as a whirring sewing machine! Very transportable too and everything I need fits into the clutch I made.

All the instructions/videos can be found in the November post I’ve linked to. The only difference is that I cut hexagons from my fabric rather than using squares. I have the die so it made sense to do that.

Big thanks to everyone who joined in last month. We had a great selection of projects between us, from artisan bread, cakes and salads to cards, jewellery, scrapbook pages and art journalling. You can find them all on the SIPIDI Pinterest board. What will March bring? I can’t wait to find out.

If you fancy joining in this month, you can find all the information right here.

16 comments:

MiniOwner said...

What a great idea. Off to study my Pinterest boards. :)
Sue x

Sian said...

They are lovely ..that fabric is very like the print I made my smock from, so I'm bound to love it :)

I'm thinking this might be my chance to try a recipe from my board laughingly called "cooking" - it's mostly sweets and very easy slow cooker stuff!

Sheena said...

I've been thinking about starting making hexi's, it's like you read my mind :)
I've posted my SIPIDI x
http://sheenasscrapsandscribbles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/see-it-pin-it-do-it-march.html

Amanda said...

You might find this project familiar Fiona - http://amandas-scrapbook-pages.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/sipidi-gift-card-holder.html

Lou said...

such pretty fabric. I love this idea even though i've not yet played along x x

KraftyKaren said...

Really lovely, look forward to seeing the finished project xx - not done a SIPIDI for this month yet but I have something in mind

Virginia said...

Really gorgeous work there, I really must join in with this idea it's genius!

Chidkid said...

Fab idea Fiona.. here is my SIPIDI bloghttp://chidkids26.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/sipidi-see-it-pin-it-do-it.html

Jo said...

That looks beautiful and has reminded me to get my hexagons out :)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

I love the look of hexagons but haven't tried my hand at them yet. I did try a recipe recently that I had pinned...need to see if I can find the photos I took...

Beverly said...

Well, you can imagine how impressed this novice quilter is!!! :) Beautiful!

Lisa said...

Such great work you've done, Fiona. And it all fit so snuggly in your luggage too.

I wish I had gotten some sewing done too but spent the whole weekend chatting and did very little crafting wise :/

Lisa
xx

Anonymous said...

Just making it into the March Edition of SIPIDI. Love all the quilting that is going on at the moment.

Posted my Pinterest inspired scrap page here

http://talesfromthescrapheap.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/two-for-price-of-one.html

KraftyKaren said...

Another bracelet from me - http://kkfantasticplace.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/see-it-pin-it-do-it-march.html

Suzy said...

Horrendously late joining in for March!

Mine is here http://suzycad.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/see-it-pin-it-do-it-march.html

Suzy said...

Horrendously late joining in for March!

Mine is here http://suzycad.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/see-it-pin-it-do-it-march.html