Wednesday 4 July 2012

What’s On Your Workdesk Wednesday #161

I was absent last Wednesday (sorry Ms Dunnit) because there was nothing remotely crafty happening on the kitchen table, or the ironing board. I thought this week was heading the same way until my girl came home from school, eager to teach me what she’d learnt in maths today.

P1020032

How to make a hexagon or a pentagon from an A4 sheet of paper by folding only. Very clever. At school they have been making the hexagons from A5 paper and then they are going to stick all the shapes together to make a football.

P1010987

These are the ATCs I made to celebrate the 3rd birthday of WOYWW. I think most of them have arrived safely and you will have seen them on a couple of other blogs anyway. Now you know why I was making woodgrain envelopes a few weeks ago. I’ll take a photo of the ones I received to share next week.

16 comments:

Danielle said...

Those ATC's are adorable! I really like the woodgrain background. Dani105

lisa said...

The things they learn at school, how clever are these.
Your owl ATC's are so cute.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #91

mark gould said...

happy woyww, those atc's are fab. happy crafting, mark

Eliza said...

YOur Hooters are so cute thanks for sharing, happy WOYWW

Eliza

Jaki Morris said...

Wondered where you'd been!

Love the things they do at school, well not always, but don't get me started on that!

Jakix #83

akilli melek said...

I did see a few of these fab ATCs pop up on some blogs last week. Love them.
Who would have thought maths and craft go so well eh....!

caroline (akilli melek) #86

Neet said...

Very clever idea to make a football - interesting aspect of math thy are teaching at that school.
Love the woodgrain you do - guess we should call you the Queen of Woodgrailn.
Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #3 xx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I want to know how to fold a pentagon - that's awesome!!
Um, after having read your previous posts, don't you think that a Virtual Hostess Club might bring you the wrong clientele???? Hope it doesn't!! And I love your screen printed cushion covers too - big bold graphics float my boat too :)
Hugs, LLJ #60 xx

Lisa-Jane said...

I have that owl punch! All ready to make Teacher cards with. I think I sorted my blog now. I'm intrigued by the hexagons but how lovely that they enjoyed a maths lesson!

Carin McDonough said...

What a great way to make maths more fun! Such cute atc's, love that woodgrain paper! :)

Twiglet said...

The little owls are fab and look even better in real life. x Jo

Belinda said...

Isn't it fun to learn some of the fun things the kids learn at school?

I like your ATC. Really cute.

Belinda (31)

scrappymo! said...

Your ATC's are darling. Sweet ittle owl.

Hexagons are all the rage aren't they!

Queen Lightwell said...

Love your ATC's! The woodgrain background is just the perfect touch. :) What are you planning to do with the paper folding thing your kid learned about? Just curious...:)
Deeyll #140

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Those pentagons and hexagons are vy clever. I like your ATC's too. Blessings!

Allycat x said...

So are you going to tell us how to do the hexagon & pentagon??? Or do I have to google it!?