Tuesday 10 January 2012

10 Things on the Tenth ~ Films

Shimelle is hosting 10 Things on the Tenth again this year and you can find the list of links on her blog.

I love going to the cinema and used to go often. Now that I have children, trips to the cinema tend to be family affairs to see the latest Harry Potter film or Pixar creation. About a year ago I joined Lovefilm and it’s been fun catching up on all the films I missed, as well as revisiting some we saw on the big screen.

Here, in no particular order, are a few favourites from last year.

  1. Made in Dagenham
  2. Alice in Wonderland
  3. Shutter Island
  4. Tangled
  5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
  6. The King’s Speech
  7. True Grit
  8. Toy Story 3
  9. The Social Network
  10. Inception

Which films/movies were your favourites? I’m sure there are plenty more titles I could add to my ‘to watch’ list.

If you’d like to try Lovefilm for yourself, then I have a giftcard for a free 2 month membership. Just leave me a comment and I’ll draw a winner on Sunday.

15 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

My favourite of those is definately 'Made in Dagenham'.....loved it.

CoventryAnn said...

Recently saw the new Sherlock Holmes, very funny (but be prepared to see more of Stephen Fry than you expect!!)

Sian said...

We got a Lovefilm sub as a Christmas gift last year - and we love it for exactly the same reason! We all watched The Kings Speech together at the weekend

JO SOWERBY said...

The Girl with the................ series of films and I'm looking forward to t US version mainly for the gorgeousness of Daniel Craig. I get to see some films on my TV box so want to catch We need to talk about Kevin,
Jo xxx

Jimjams said...

I've never tried Love Film ... we tend to make a trip to Blockbuster every long holiday armed with some Tesco points Blockbuster vouchers, but I did join a school film club last year and saw Shutter Island, Alice in Wonderland, The King's Speech, Toy Story 3 and Inception there - all great films. One film I sat open-mouthed throughout was District 9 ... have watched it several times since - jaw-dropping stuff!

Michelle S said...

OMG! Love ur list! I must confess I totally love TANGLED we have watched it far too often! lol {We have the songs on our ipods....shhhh! dont tell anyone!}

alexa said...

I have hardly gone to the cinema at all this year, and feel completely out of touch - though I did see The King's Speech. What a generous gift ...

Sandie said...

I love films too and have a subscription to LoveFilm. We treated ourselves to a PS3 for Christmas and have been watching endless on demand films - just what I needed in order to winding down.
Love your choice of films, have seen most of them and have The Kings Speech to watch on DVD.

Alison said...

We saw the new est version of 'Girl with the Dragon tattoo' when we were in the UK...it was excellent...if somewhat graphic!....kept well to the book I thought.
Alison xx

Lisa-Jane said...

We're enjoying Lovefilm too and we've revisited some 80's classics recently. Its our date night when the computer goes off (unless its one of his random choices and I refuse to waste precious blog hopping time then)! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I doubt that I saw even 10 films in 2011, but I did see three on your list and loved them all. The next one on my list is Deception!

Sandra said...

We have girl itch the dragon tattoo from love film sitting here ready to watch

Beverly said...

We get movies from Redbox`, $1.00 a night and there are three leas than a mile away from the house. We saw over 2 dozen movies lasy year between rentals and at the movies. Some favs you didn't mention were...Captain America and The Help. We saw Green Lantern and Super 8 last week and enjoyed both of them. Great Ten list, you inspired me make a list of all the ones we saw last year and start one for 2012.

Miriam said...

Made in Dagenham & the Kings Speech which I watched again last night. How does Colin Firth do that!?!? I know it's his job, but .....

Michelle S said...

Hello lovely! Did u ever receive my email??? I havent heard anything from u ...catch up soon