Friday 16 September 2011

Five Things I’m Loving This Friday ~ Handmade Gifts

Now I know not everyone wants to start thinking about the ‘C’ word just yet, but a couple of friends have been nagging asking me nicely, to start posting my lists of handmade gift ideas. You know who you are!

Apparently it is 100 days away as of today and if, like me, you would like a more handmade affair this year, then we’d both better get started.

A few friends have had babies over the course of the year, so that will be the theme for this week.

First up some very sweet baby hats. You could of course leave off the flowers and use any other colours you like, if you have boy babies on your list.

Once you’ve made the hat, perhaps you’d like some cute little shoes too. If you need something a bit less flouncy, there’s another pattern here.

Tag blankets have become very popular lately, but I wanted to find something a bit different and I think this little owl fits the bill.

If you’re looking for something a bit more practical to give to parents to be, then how about this snuggly blanket to fit in a car seat.

Lastly a beautiful baby quilt, which is actually fairly simple to make and not as time consuming as you would imagine. Inside the border strip, it is one large piece of fabric, so very little piecing involved.

Even if you don’t have any babies on your list this year, you’ll have possibly found a few more lovely blogs to browse around, that you hadn’t come across before. I’ll be back next Friday with another set of ideas. If there’s anything in particular you’d like to see, then just leave me a comment.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fi they are all so cute, I need to find some people with babies and make them my freind so I can make at least one of those cute bits.

Lisa said...

I want one of those blankets for me!

Great ideas, Fi
Thanks darling
Lisa
x

Sian said...

I need to hunt down a nearby baby I think..

I love the idea of posting links to handmade gifts now - never to early to make a start I say!

alexa said...

Never mind cute hats for babies, I want one of them for me! Super links - thank-you!

Julesmichelle said...

I love all of these and want them all to fit me too!!! the nagging was well worth it.

thanks Fi xx

Jo said...

You've found so many great things to make, I love them all x

Sandra said...

Yyyeeeaaaayyyy it's less than 100 days to go, thanks for the links, I'm liking mr owl :)

Lisa-Jane said...

So cute!