Tuesday 29 March 2011

Time for a recipe Tuesday!


Creamy Tomato Risotto

Heat a good glug of olive oil and a large knob of butter in a saucepan.
Add a finely chopped red onion


and about 100g of bacon lardons, put the lid on the pan and sweat on a low heat until the onion is soft. This takes about 10 minutes.
Add 250g of arborio rice to the pan and stir for a minute or so, until it is nicely coated with oil.

Pour in 750ml of vegetable stock (I make mine with 3tsp of Marigold Bouillon, but you could use chicken stock if you prefer) and 250ml of passata.

Turn up the heat to bring to the boil, stir once, cover and reduce to a gentle simmer. After 20 minutes the rice should be cooked. Remove from the heat and give it a stir to distribute everything evenly.

Leave to stand, with the lid off, while you cook 200g of frozen peas. Once they are cooked stir into the risotto and you're good to go.


We had this for tea tonight and in my eagerness to polish it off, I completely forgot to take a photo of the finished dish!


ETA: I made this again yesterday and remembered to take a photo this time.


6 comments:

Ali said...

Looks good Fi,is that to feed 4?

Miriam said...

Risotto, the perfect meal and this sounds gorgeous. I just love to stir the rice, I find it therapeutic. I forget to photograph the finished thing ALL the time!

Sandra said...

Yeah ... see, this is why I wanted you to blog :) .. thanks for the receipe.

Allycat x said...

Sounds fab - fancy not taking a photo!!! Tsk tsk!!! LOL

Jo said...

I love risotto so will definately give this a try, thank you for sharing

Lizzie said...

Yummmmmm....
Of course you now have to make it again, so you can take a photo of the finished dish (what a hardship eh?!).

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I like to post the occasional recipe too & I have a list of nice recipes from friends' blogs in my sidebar. Got to eat!